The World of Begabungs
In the virtual world "The World of Begabungs" we will give ten children of the age between 12 and 16 from all over the world the possibility to work on projects in secure environment in the internet. The world is based on OpenSim, an opensource version of SecondLife TM, and access is restricted to the participants and the mentors, so the children can work and interact in secure surroundings. In addition to the children's own project they can participate in classes about different topics, eg, scriptin, graphical design, three-dimensional building and more. The projects and classes are tailored to the children's interests. Playful project-oriented learning with fun, mentoring, enrichment, and meeting children from other cultures are the goal of the project. Since this is an international project the main language is english.
For more information please visit the homepage at https://begabungs.world
- The World of Begabungs -1
- The World of Begabungs -2
- The World of Begabungs -3
- The World of Begabungs -4
- The World of Begabungs -5
- The World of Begabungs -6
We offer workshops in different languages like German, English, Arabic and Persian for teachers and parents.
Please contact us for a detailed list of possible topics
Feed back on our Workshops:
- Great training !For reacting with many interesting and practical tips, thank youfor the great food."
- It was a very good training. Been told very much.
- I liked that a lot of real examples were shown. Above all we were divided into groups and were able to talk together about the individual subjects
In the past years we we have either organized projects directly or have worked with others on projects on national and international level.
- Project for kids in familyservice Weihenstephan - 2010
- Project BIF - 2011
- Project Talent Development for Kids in Namibia - 2012
- Project Deutsch-Ukrainische Junioruniversität für Luft- und Raumfahrt - 2012
- Project "The Voice of Gifted Kids" - 2012
- Project "Aktionswoche-Gemeinsam für hochbegabte Kinder in Deutschland" - 2013
- Project for Gifted kids in Germany - "HB Kids Club" - 2014
- Project "The Global Gifted Teen" - 2014
- Project "Aktionswoche-Gemeinsam für hochbegabte Kinder in Deutschland" - 2014
Teachers are the torch bearers in creating social cohesion, national integration and a learning society. They not only disseminate knowledge but also create and generate new knowledge. They are responsible for acculturating the role of education. Teacher training is an integral component of any educational system. It is intimately connected with society and is conditioned by the ethos, culture and character of a nation.
What Is the Role of Teachers of the Gifted and Talented?
Teachers of the gifted and talented are generally responsible for one or more of these roles:
- Organizing enrichment activities for students and teachers in the school;
- Gathering and disseminating information about innovative teaching practices, exemplary materials, resource persons, and special opportunities for gifted youngsters;
- Coordinating regular curricular activities so bright students can work at a pace and level commensurate with their ability;
- Integrating regular curriculum and special program experiences;
- Counseling and advising students, parents, and teachers about underachievement, career and college selection, and special problems associated with giftedness, and
- Encouraging student attitudes of excellence, creativity, productivity, and leadership.
Foundations, the research-based evidence, philosophies, laws and policies, and various historical and human perspectives in the evolving field of gifted education;
Development and Characteristics of Learners, including those with exceptional learning needs;
Individual Learning Differences, including the effects that giftedness as well as diversity can have on one's learning;
Instructional Strategies, based on evidence-based research and are specific to gifted and talented students;
Learning Environments and Social Interactions, promoting creativity, cultural understanding, diversity, safety and emotional well being, and full student engagement in the learning process;
Language and Communication and the important role they play in talent development; effective teaching strategies for oral and written communication skills; and individual language proficiencies and cultural and linguistic differences;
Instructional Planning, reflecting both long- and short-range goals and objectives for individual giftedness;
Assessment in multiple forms that can be used for identification, progress, instruction, and evaluation of gifted learners;
Professional and Ethical Practice standards in all situations, both in dealing with students and in staying abreast of new evidence and more effective teaching techniques;
Collaboration with families, other educators, and appropriate service and support personnel for gifted children and gifted programs.
The Global Center for Gifted and Talented Children offers this teacher training. If you are interested in this training please contact us for an offer tailored to your requirements.
The program is structured into nine different modules. For more information, please contact us!
We offer lectures on various topics around giftedness for all audiences. The lectures can be held at our center or at your location. On request lectures by the members of our scientific council are possible.
If you are interested in a lecture, please contact us for further details and an appointment. You can either send us an email, or use our contact form.